Are looking for the Recipe of Black Forest cake? If yes then you are probably at the best place, because here is the simplest way to make this recipe in home. So read below.
Black Forest cake or Black Forest Gâteau is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling based on the German dessert or literally “Black Forest Cherry-torte“.
The dessert is not straightly named after the Black Forest mountain range in Southwestern Germany.
It is believed that the name is derived from the specialty liquor of that region, known as Schwarzwälder Kirsch (wasser) and distilled from tart cherries.
This Black Forest Cake specially consists of several layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched and with whipped cream and cherries. It is especially decorated with additional whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings. In many European traditions, sour cherries are used both between the layers and for decorating the top.
BLACK FOREST CAKE RECIPE
Delicious Black Forest Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Refined Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 1 pinch Salt
For Frosting & Decoration
- 2 cup Cream bell Whipping Cream
- ¾ cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Maraschino Cherry (For garnish)
- Premium Dark Chocolate (1 block)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F or 175 Degrees C. Grease and flour the cake pan; cover bottoms with waxed paper. Take the block of premium Dark chocolate and scrape out chocolate shavings with your knife or peeler and put aside in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine flour,Sugar(Powdered), cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Now, add Eggs, Milk, oil, and 1 tablespoon vanilla; and beat until well blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Now, you have to cool the cake completely by putting it on a wire rack.
- Take a chilled medium bowl and combine whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar. Beat with a whisk or an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- With long serrated knife, split each cake layer horizontally in half.Reserve some amount of Frosting for decorating the cake; set aside.To assemble, place one cake layer on plate. Generously spray each layer of Cake with sugar solution before frosting to keep the cake moist from inside.Spread the frosting; top with sliced cherries(optional). Top with second cake layer; repeat layers of frosting.Top with third cake layer. Frost side of cake. Pat the Dark chocolate shavings on the side and top of cake. Spoon reserved frosting into pastry bag fitted with star decorator tip. Pipe around bottom edges of cake. Apply frosting decorations on top of the cake. And put whole Cherries for decoration.
So, Guys, this is the actual and perfect way to make this recipe in your home without having any problems. We hope you like and enjoyed it, you should try this recipe in your home and give your family members a chance to taste Black Forest Cake, we are pretty sure your family members will love it.
So, this is the end of this post but to get more stuff like this stay connected with us.
What is the difference between chocolate cake and black forest cake?
The main different between chocolate cake and black forest cake is that, Chocolate cake is baked with lots of chocolate, choco chips and powders. But Black Forest Cake specially consists of several layers of chocolate sponge cake sandwiched and with whipped cream and cherries. It’s decorated with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings.
What are the ingredients of Black Forest cake?
The main Ingredient of Black Forest Cake are: Flour, Eggs, Cocoa Powder, Vegetable oil, Baking Powder, Milk, Vanilla essence, Cream bell Whipping Cream, Icing Sugar, Vanilla essence, Maraschino Cherry (For garnish), Premium Dark Chocolate.
Why do they call it Black Forest cake?
Well, Black Forest cake has so many history, but the name is specially given after the Black Forest mountain range in Southwestern Germany.
How do you decorate the Black Forest?
It is especially decorated with additional whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and chocolate shavings. In many European traditions, sour cherries are used both between the layers and for decorating the top.